Friday, June 5, 2009

For those who has no idea who is Awang Selamat, please do not mind to check around. He is just a asshole hiding behind Utusan Malaysia...........

How's the readership of Utusan Malaysia now?

I am not sure but If one were look at their latest quarterly result, it shows that the company has chalked up huge loss in just one quarter.....They might blame it to the financial crisis, but one thing for sure, the readership of the newspaper has dropped greatly .........

Why? because the editor of the company writing not with his heart and brain but with his big backside......

5754
Quarterly rpt on consolidated results for the financial period ended 31/3/2009
Quarter:1st Quarter
Financial Year End:31/12/2009
Report Status:Unaudited
Submitted By:CIK SHARINA SAIDON
Current Year QuarterPreceding Year Corresponding QuarterCurrent Year to DatePreceding Year Corresponding Period
31/03/200931/03/200831/03/200931/03/2008
RM '000RM '000RM '000RM '000
1Revenue79,40491,60779,40491,607
2Profit/Loss Before Tax(8,679)1,369(8,679)1,369
3Profit/Loss After Tax and Minority Interest(7,465)1,025(7,465)1,025
4Net Profit/Loss For The Period(7,465)1,025(7,465)1,025
5Basic Earnings/Loss Per Shares (sen)(6.74)0.93(6.74)0.93
6Dividend Per Share (sen)0.000.000.000.00
Remarks:
N/A

20/05/2009 05:25 PM




Do I owe you anything, Encik Awang? — Tay Tian Yan

JUNE 5 — I do not know who Awang Selamat is, but he keeps haunting me, claiming that I've owed him something!

Other than banks, I don't think I have owed anyone anything.

All the things I've had, from the birth certificate when I was born, to the car I bought at the age of 22, and my house at 30... have all been acquired in a clean way, including my self respect.

Moreover, because I do not know Awang Selamat at all, as I said earlier, how could I possibly owe him anything?

But in an article entitled “The Malays are betrayed” published in Utusan Malaysia recently, Awang Selamat said Chinese Malaysians were immigrants, and were indebted to the Malays.

I am a Chinese Malaysian, one in the six million. He said the Chinese owed this and owed that, and as a Chinese, I can't help but ask: "What have I owed you?"

Also, I am not an immigrant. My birth cert and IC, along with all the documents of my assets point to the fact that I am a rightful Malaysian citizen.

The Constitution protects my status, my rights as well as my properties. If I've done anything against the laws, I will be bound by Malaysian laws, like anyone else.

Of course, I can say proudly that I have paid my income tax and owe not a sen.

Moreover, I have never betrayed my Malay friends. We treat one another sincerely and fairly.

When my old friend Ghaffar buys me teh tarik, I'll get him nasi lemak in return, even though nasi lemak is 20 sen more expensive than teh tarik.

But that's not because I feel I'm indebted to him; neither do I think he's trying to take advantage of me!

Right, Awang said Chinese Malaysians were getting more and more demanding, and racist, after the general election in March 2008.

What demands, or should I say what excessive demands, have the Chinese voiced up?

Scholarships? Land titles? Chinese primary schools? Democracy? Equality?

All I know is that these are reasonable requests from each and every citizen. As long as they are eligible, they should possess them.

It has nothing to do with race.

If we are denied these things because of skin colour, then we must fight for them. This is not racism either.

Although I have no idea who Awang is, I know he is hiding under the protective net of Utusan Malaysia.

He may be an individual, or a group of individuals. And he may have his own hidden agendas for his displeasure with Chinese Malaysians.

A lawyer friend told me, it is an act of sedition just to brand ethnic Chinese Malaysians as immigrants, and that the police should probe the incident.

Or perhaps someone should make a police report, in particular those who claim they represent the six million Chinese Malaysians. — mysinchew.com

No comments: